As a 3 gem fusion, she is rather short compared to others, standing at around 12-14 feet. She has green skin with some similar pink and green dreadlocks pulled back into a headband like Bismuth while also having it tied up around her knees. She is somewhat curvy, having an hourglass shape and a somewhat sizable chest (86 cm).
She has 2 sets of eyes with one located on her forehead although her top set of eyes act as eyebrows and her top eye is under her silver headband, and she has rather plump lips. She has a translucent silky powder pink coat that goes down to her feet and puffs up near her arms.
She has a white sleeveless tube dress that cuts off near her right hip and extends to her left foot and white high heels with pink diamond symbols near center of the foot. She also has a rainbow bead bracelet near her right ankle and on her neck.
Underneath her tube dress and her translucent coat, she wears a white swimsuit.
Watermelon Tourmaline means well most of the time, even if she doesn't sound like is. She is a little clumsy almost all the time. She is very to herself and quiet to everyone she meets, even friends.
She refers to herself in third person most of the time, though this may be her just coping with a third gem in a fusion. She does not like betrayers or deserters, which leads to her having a negative opinion on rebels and those she perceives as enemies, although this is mostly which she is talking seriously.
She prefers to be the observer rather than the participator, which may stem from Chrysoprase and Padparadscha Sapphire, letting others do the fighting for her. She often uses her intellect to trick the opponents. Due to Padparadscha Sapphire, the fusion can be a bit... racist towards certain castes but she has mutual respect for perma fusions.
As she is a relatively new fusion, her components and their personalities can sometimes shine through the seems of the fusion.
The fusion seems to have a largely positive opinion on Shadow Diamond, she is happy with how things have turned out for her and wishes her the best. She may join her court one day.
The fusion has a largely positive opinion on Kyanite.
She has the utmost respect for her, mostly due to her being one of the few original diamonds left. She wishes to prove herself and join her court.
As a cross gem fusion, she is somewhat physically weak, mostly relying on her powers to fight. She possesses all the abilities from her fusee's. Strangely, despite her fusee's aggressive powers, her powers are nearly all pacifistic.
- Knife & Blade Proficiency: She is proficient in knives.
- Skating Proficiency: She is proficient in skating
- Acrobatics & Flexibility: She is able to bend and contort her body to extreme levels.
- Future Vision: Watermelon Tourmalines Future Vision is very similar to canon Garnets future vision, but it shows the pacifistic options of the future most of the time.
- Anthokinesis: She can create, shape and manipulate flowers, she can cause flowers and parts of the flowers, including petals, stems and pollen, to grow and bloom, move/attack, mutate flowers by rearranging DNA structure, and revive withered or dead flowers
- Petal Blizzard Generation: She can generate blizzard made out of petals to restrict vision and damage targets caught in them.
- Healing Kiss: She can heal others physical and mental damage with a kiss
- Aerokinesis: She can manipulate air.
- Thermokinesis & Cryokinesis: She can increase and decrease the temperature, generating heat and cold. It's tied to her emotional state and stability as a fusion.
- Heat Resistance: Ruby has not demonstrated this ability, but it was confirmed that the only reason Garnet can swim in lava is by Ruby.
- Love Detection: She can detect the feeling of love between oneself and/or others without reading apparent symptoms, allowing them to find out the people around them is in love or building to that level. She may be able to sense the depth of that emotion.
- She can grow flowers from her hair when flustered.
- Once fused, multiple flower petals flood the area.
- Watermelon Tourmaline belongs to a group called Elbaite, which is a member of the Tourmaline family. Elbaite is by far the most colorful group, including Indicolite (blue to blue/green), Verdelite (green), Rubellite (pink) and Watermelon (pink with green rind and sometimes green with pink rind).
- Watermelon Tourmaline works with the Heart chakra, cleansing and removing blockages. As a balancing stone, Watermelon Tourmaline aids in removing insecurities. As a balancing stone, Watermelon Tourmaline functions as a combination of male and female energies, both Yin and Yang together in one crystal. It can help to inspire both creativity and practicality, and connects the Heart Chakra to both physical and spiritual vibrations. Watermelon Tourmaline calms overactive emotions. Watermelon Tourmaline crystal is also believed to help attract love and resolve issues in relationships, infusing them with joy and Divine Love.
- Watermelon Tourmaline is wonderful for connecting with nature spirits and the Earth. This can be a blessing to those who find themselves feeling disconnected or otherwise out of sorts. Watermelon Tourmaline can help to lessen depression and mend emotional wounds by allowing the owner to see the meaning for certain events in life. Meditation with Watermelon Tourmaline can aid in the release of unhealthy patterns of behavior, making room for new ways of thinking that lead to a more complete life. Watermelon Tourmaline Crystals are great for meditation, energy-work, and grid-work, and make a great addition to one's medicine bag.
- In general, Tourmaline can become electrically charged as a result of heat or pressure, which is a testament to the ability of these crystals to impact ones energy field. Tourmaline is very grounding and helpful in releasing stress and tension. They can bring inspiration from higher realms into the chakras for processing within the body. All Tourmaline is thought to balance yin and yang energies, as well as the left and right hemispheres of the brain.