Sweet Josephine Diamond is a Homeworld Gem and a member of the Great Diamond Authority that rules over the Gem race.
Sweet Josephine Diamond, as one of the rulers of Homeworld, is of a massive size, his height making a common Pearl pale in comparison. His complexion is an extremely pale rose, and his hair is a dull magenta hue. He has angled black eyebrows and a tired face with a pointed nose and long eyelashes. His gem is on his forehead and he wears a an extravagant, frilly pink ensemble including a pink cape and frilled cowl.
Josephine is a stuck-up and hotheaded diamond. He is easily angered but often suppresses outward rage, causing his followers to fear arguing with him. He is susceptible to complaining when he doesn't get what he wants, making him difficult to deal with when negotiating serious issues.
Under his childish facade is a manipulative and cold Diamond. He has a bitter disposition to his equals and superiors. Craving power, he is prone to lashing out when cornered. During battles, he loses his snooty personality and grows savage and relentless. He very rarely snaps on people, but when he does, it's usually toward disposable gems that are shattered soon after their dispute with Josephine.
Jo possesses standard Gem abilities, such as poofing, bubbling, shapeshifting, fusing, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
- Sleep Induction: Sweet Josephine Diamond is able to send Gems into a state of "sleep", or unconsciousness. He cannot control their physical actions while they are asleep, and the Gem will not stay unconscious if Josephine is stressed out.
- Dream Control: Josephine can control the dreams of Gems that he has put to sleep. He cannot control a Gem's dreams if he wasn't the person who put them to sleep.
- Psammokinesis: Josephine can create, shape and manipulate sand. He can use this to his physical advantage or to defend himself.
- Light Projection: Josephine can project light from the gemstone on his forehead to use as a flashlight to navigate dark areas.
- Rapier: Josephine possesses a rapier. He can summon two at a time.
Josephine's sole purpose is to take over the Earth colony as Pink Diamond's successor. Though he's never met Pink Diamond in person due to her passing, he has an immense respect for her, and greatly honors her sacrifices in the name of the Gem Homeworld. He makes it his constant sole duty to fit in her shoes, even he can't always act like her.
- In Moussaieff's fanon universe, Sweet Josephine Diamond is the current Diamond made to replace Pink Diamond.
- This does not carry over to the universe in which this wiki takes place in.
- Sweet Josephine Diamond, unlike the other three diamonds, has a circular gem cut. This is because the Sweet Josephine Diamond, in real life, is not cut into the shape of a diamond.
- Unlike Pink Diamond, Sweet Josephine shares the same gem placement with White Diamond (forehead).
- He also shares the same gem placement as Pearl and Peridot.
- Sweet Josephine Diamond is a trans boy.
- Sweet Josephine Diamond's wardrobe has many similarities with the outfits of previous Queens of England; a good example would be Queen Elizabeth I.
- Diamond is the official modern birthstone for April, and it is also used as an official sixty-year anniversary gemstone.
- Diamonds are the stone of truth and victory.
- It is associated with lightning and fearlessness, and for its properties of protection.
- The diamond, in its rarity and beauty, is a symbol of purity and innocence, love, and fidelity, and embraces the strength of character, ethics, and faithfulness to oneself and others.
- Diamond is the transparent, gemstone-quality crystalline form of carbon and it is indeed one of the hardest known natural substances on Earth.
- Diamonds' hardness is the result of adamant chemical bonds between the carbon atoms.
- There is no other gemstone in the same family as diamond, although there are a variety of very similar gemstones.
- Diamond is pure carbon and is chemically the same as graphite.
- Although traditional colorless or "white diamonds" are by far the most famous colored diamonds, yellow and brown diamonds are the most commonly occurring diamonds.
- Other diamond colors include pink, red, orange, yellow, green, gray, and black.
- Specific colors will trade under specific names.
- Brown and yellow diamonds are often referred to as "champagne" or "cognac" diamonds.
- If a diamond's impurities consist of boron and low level of nitrogen, the diamond will be a blue or gray color (Type IIb). Other blue diamonds are unrelated to boron; nickel or high concentrations of hydrogen are the likely causes of blue color in some diamonds.
- The diamond is a p-type semiconductor.
- Diamond deposits are found worldwide, the most notable being Africa, Australia, and India.
- Approximately half of the world's diamonds come from Central and Southern Africa.
- Canada has recently become a primary commercial source for fine white diamonds.
|Sweet Josephine Diamond's gem is on his forehead; it has a cushion-shaped cut.|