Rubidium is a manager on Homeworld, and a follower of White Diamond.
Rubbidum is about 7 feet tall with a thin build. She has hot pink skin and bubble gum pink hair that extends past her neck. She has 2 black eyes, a small nose, and thin lips. Her outfit consist of a coral colored top with puffy sleeves, a pink diamond insignia over her top, a violet-pink skirt, violet-pink socks with purple boots, white gloves, and brown straps over her top.
Rubidium is very soft spoken and gentle. However, she is bossy and uptight as well. She is incredibly stubborn, and is not willing to change in the least. Once she has her mind set on something, it is very unlikely that she will change it. She has a bit of a short temper, and will not hesitate to show her anger in the most brutal ways possible. She is very loyal to Homeworld as a whole, and though from time-to-time she does miss Ayanite Diamond, she believes her shattering was for the best.
Rubidium was made to be a manager for various lower-ranking gems such as Rubies and Ayanites. She was formerly a high-ranking member of Ayanite Diamond's court. However, once she was shattered, Rubidium was moved to White Diamond's court. She currently runs a prison facility in White Diamond's district, which houses many bubbled gems and other prisoners.
Rubidium possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shape-shifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability. Her summoning weapon is a riding crop.
- Riding Crop Proficiency: Rubidium's weapon of summoning is a riding crop. She is incredibly skilled at using her riding crop as a weapon, and will use it on anyone she sees fit for punishment.
White Diamond is Rubidium's current diamond. While most gems are hesitant to move diamonds, Rubidium was very excited when she found out her superior would be the leader of Homeworld. She was pleasantly surprised when she found out she'd even be in charge of a prison. Overall, Rubidium has a high amount of respect for White Diamond, and is grateful for everything White Diamond has done for her.
- In real life, Rubidium is not an actual gemstone. It is a chemical element.
- Rubidium occurs in several minerals, often with metals that are chemically related, such as pollucite, carnallite, leucite and lepidolite.
- Rubidium has the curious property of being very, very slightly radioactive.
- For several years in the 1950s and 1960s, a by-product of potassium production called Alkarb was a main source for rubidium.
- Alkarb contained 21% rubidium, with the rest being potassium and a small amount of caesium.
|Rubidium's gemstone is located on her navel. It is colored pink, with orange and yellow stripes in the center. It is in the shape of a trapezium and features no facets.|