Padparadscha Sapphire (nicknamed Paddy) is an aristocratic Homeworld Gem, and a follower of Yellow Diamond.
Paddy has a peach complexion with white freckles on her cheeks. She has short, wavy, peachy-pink hair, tied into a bun with a red ribbon. She lacks a nose, has plump lips, and a single, scarlet colored eye.
Her outfit consist of a sangria top with a peach-colored diamond insignia, a skirt featuring multiple shades of red, brown heels, and white gloves with cinnabar frills.
Paddy is a bit stuck up and rude, and has been known to criticize/knit pick very small details of other Gems. She tends not to censor things out, and will almost always say the first thing that comes to her mind. However, she sees her knit picking as helpful advice that will ultimately lead to a more beneficial future. Always being told that she is a perfect Gem has led her to truly believing that she's the best Sapphire on Homeworld. She is very talkative when compared to other Sapphires, and has a hard time keeping quiet, even during serious missions.
Paddy was created in the depths of Homeworld in a very exclusive kindergarten. Being a Padparadscha Sapphire, she was always seen as more valuable then most Gems. She originally belonged to Pink Diamond. However, after she was shattered, she was transferred over to Yellow Diamond.
Formerly, Paddy saw Midnight as interesting for morbid reasons, such as the fact that she has multiple eyes. She looked at Midnight as animalistic and depraved to what a Gem should be. However, after accidentally fusing with her on one occasion, she slowly began to see Midnight as more of an equal then ever before, as she formerly believed that corrupted Gems such as herself were lesser then regular Gems. Midnight Sapphire opened up a whole new perspective for her, which both confused and scared her. This even led to Paddy requesting another fusion with her.
Paddy possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shape-shifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
- Enhanced Future Vision: An ability unique to her gem type, Paddy has the ability to see into the future. Unlike most Sapphires however, Paddy has the ability to see even further into the future, being able to see events that may not occur for a few months.
- The term "Padparadscha" (also known as "Padmaraga") is derived from the Sinhalese word for aquatic lotus blossom, which has an unusual salmon color.
- Many agree that Padparadschas straddle the color boundary between pink and orange.
- Padparadscha sapphires are mainly found in Sri Lanka, as well as Madagascar and Tanzania.
- Some experts insist that true Padparadschas can come only from Sri Lanka, which, for centuries, was the only source of this coveted stone.
- The Padparadscha Sapphire is one of the rarest Sapphires making its value pretty high in jewelry.
- Its cost varies from the range of Emeralds and Rubies.
|Paddy's gemstone is located on the back of her head, featuring a triangular facet.|