La Peregrina Pearl was made for the specific purpose of creating fellow Pearls, but, during the coding process, something malfunctioned and she was made with a coding defect. She is defective.
She was the lead of Pearl production on Homeworld. After a while of going to place to place just to create her own kind, she grew tried of the constant ordering and demanding and soon grew her own personality over the years.
She soon then learned about the black market and how they treat Pearls, so she thought of the idea of selling her own kind for money, fame and fortune. She sold illegal Pearls.
She was fired after an undercover Quartz found out who had been selling illegal Pearls. She was supposed to be shattered, but she escaped and is now undercover.
After going to earth she has decided to give her networth to SBO, in hopes that she will have more luck than her in life.
Physically, all Pearls have a slender form and a beak-like nose. La Peregrina Pearl has light pink skin, plump lips, and chin-length, messy, white hair. Her attire consists of a black tank top over a white crop top, hot pink leggings, and white socks with black slip-on flats. Her gem is situated on her right palm, and it is shaped like a heart.
By nature, La Peregrina Pearl is very flirtatious and manipulative. She established herself as a physical beacon of hope towards unfortunate Pearls, allowing them to strike deals and business propositions that would supposedly result in their happiness, should they successfully fulfil their end of the bargain. During such deals, she speaks in a grandmotherly tone, as if her only concern is the satisfaction of her customers. This makes her schemes easier to fall for, though should she feel a deal is going nowhere, she resorts to pressuring her victims into accepting her offer, additionally portraying herself as their last attempt at making their dreams come true. The motivation of such practices is to make life better for her people, Pearls, as they live lives full of suffering. She wants the Diamonds to shatter beneath her feet for the anger and stress they've caused Pearls all over. Her hatred does drive her towards almost insane extremes. However, her desire to sell illegal Pearls was born out of jealousy rather than a desire to help. Despite her irredeemably negative traits, La Peregrina Pearl has a softer side to her personality, seen with her relationship between herself and other Pearls and certain Gems, such as Sea Salt Pearl.
La Peregrina Pearl thinks being a Pearl is the best thing out there, and she has a lot of anger issues and is prone to temper tantrums temper tantrums, stemming from the fact she wasn't able to react while around others, due to being a Pearl. As "someone's shiny toy", La Peregrina Pearl was expected only to serve, and be submissive and obedient. As such, she has a rebelious type of personality when it comes to authority and is a huge anarchist. She refuses commands and will do things on her own. She also has very black and white view on life; everything that is Homeworld is bad and anything that isn't is okay. She is very classy, despite being flamboyant, and presents herself with confidence and an eye for high standards. In addition, she regularly flaunts her curvaceous appearance in a sultry manner, and spends time in her vanity, admiring her own physical appearance. She has the power to alter her appearance, but simply chooses not to, showing contentment with who she is as a person, but distaste with her social status and lack of power. La Peregrina Pearl is also an extremely destructive being. Conquest and destruction is one and the same to her. She also possesses an arrogant sense of entitlement. One of La Peregrina Pearl's most defining traits is her unquenchable lust for power. Many of her actions are driven by her unending hunger to increase her dominion. She does not possess a balanced amount of power, wisdom, and courage. She simply enjoys causing havoc to the innocent, having no sense of true morality or remorse for those she torments.
Sea Salt Pearl also lives on Zolara. They just met but, in all honesty, she sees her as a fusee or someone to hang out with.
Like all Gems, La Peregrina Pearl has the ability to invoke a weapon, fuse, change shape, strength and skill beyond human battle, and retreat to her gem after being wounded to heal. La Peregrina Pearl doesn't have her own weapon, and has little to no skills in hand-to-hand combat. She is a coward when it comes to fighting. Her only evasion tactic is to run away and use anyone or anything as a blockade, even going as far as to throw them at the attacker.
Standard Pearl Abilities
- Photokinesis: La Peregrina Pearl can use her gemstone to light up dark places.
- Holographic Projection: La Peregrina Pearl can project holographic images from her gemstone, which she uses mainly as a visual aid. While most of the holograms are intangible, some are able to interact with solid matter. Furthermore, her holograms can live independently, and can function without La Peregrina Pearl's presence up to two weeks.
- Item Summon: La Peregrina Pearl has the ability to materialize different items out of her gemstone.
- Pearl Creation: When hooked up to an incredibly unorthodox machine, La Peregrina Pearl is able to create Pearls that are not on the Pearl Database.
She doesn't really have a full view on fusion due to, well being fused for like 10 minutes and only using it to fight, but she is okay with being fused as long as she can have some fun with it. She uses it to make havoc, pretty much. She finds cross Gem fusions disgusting and forced fusions to be abhorrent, but she will accept any offer to fuse if it's a Pearl asking. If she has no choice, however, she will fuse with another Gem type. Le Peregrina Pearl fuses for dominance. She wants to show everyone she is the best Pearl to fuse with.
- La Peregrina is one of the most famous pearls in the world. Its history spans almost 500 years, and it has passed from the African slave who found it at Pearl Islands in the Gulf of Panama, to European kings and queens. Most recently, the pearl belonged to Elizabeth Taylor.
- La Peregrina is a Spanish word. It means "the Pilgrim" or "the Wanderer".
- The original weight of this pear-shaped pearl was 223.8 grains, (55.95 carats, 11.2 g). At the time of its discovery, it was the largest pearl ever found. In 1913 the pearl had to be drilled and cleaned to secure it firmly to its setting. After drilling and cleaning, the pearl's weight decreased to 203.84 grains. La Peregrina remains one of the largest perfectly symmetrical pear-shaped pearls in the world.
- A pearl is a hard object produced within the soft tissue (specifically the mantle) of a living shelled mollusk. Just like the shell of a clam, a pearl is composed of calcium carbonate in minute crystalline form, which has been deposited in concentric layers.
- As organic gemstones, pearls belong to the same group as ammolite, coral, ivory, jet and amber. These are all formed as a result of biological processes.
- Pearl is one of three birthstones for the month of June as adopted by the American National Association of Jewelers in 1912. It is also the birthstone for the Sun Signs of Gemini and Cancer. Pearls are also given on the third and thirteenth anniversaries.
- Pearl is the national gemstone of the Philippines.
- The name "pearl" is said to have originated from the Middle English word "perle", which in turn came from the Latin word "perna", meaning "leg", thought to be due to the ham-leg shape of the bivalve mollusc.
- Pearls vary in color from white to those with a hint of color, often pink, to brown or black. Each coloration will depend on the type of mollusk and the water where the mollusk lived.
- Pearls come in white, off-white, cream, golden, peach, pink, black, silver, lavender, and blue.
- Some pearls exhibit iridescence, which is known as orient. Orient can be predominantly one color such as green or pink, or consist of a rainbow of colors in weak, moderate, or strong appearances.
- The colors of pearls also have sometimes been associated with certain qualities: black or gold with wealth, blue with love, pink with success.
- Pearls are thought to give wisdom through experience, to quicken the laws of karma and to cement engagements and love relationships. They are thought to keep children safe.
- Pearls are quite "soft" and range between 2.5 and 4.5 on the Mohs scale of hardness. Because the nacre is organic, pearls are very sensitive to extreme heat, acids, dryness, and humidity.
- Although pearls are relatively soft, they are extremely compact, which makes them durable and resistant to being crushed.
- Pearls have been harvested and cultivated primarily for use in jewelry, but in the past were also used to adorn clothing. They have also been crushed and used in cosmetics, medicines and paint formulations.
|La Peregrinas Pearl's gemstone is located on her right palm. It is in the shape of a heart.|