The most fabulous Gem in the galaxy (self titled)
Back of neck
Kunzite is a high-ranking Homeworld Gem who served under Pink Diamond. He is currently stranded on Earth, attempting to contact Homeworld.
Kunzite is about as tall as a Pearl. He possesses thin lips, a short curved nose, and large eyes with pink pupils. He has short, somewhat spiky dark pink hair.
His outfit consist of a very formal Homeworld-type outfit; a white dress shirt underneath a sleeveless tuxedo-like top with a large Pink Diamond insignia on the center, a dark pink tie around his neck, dark pink pants, and dark pink dress shoes. He wears industrial piercings on each of his ears, which he sometimes uses as sewing needles. His gemstone is located on the back of his neck.
Kunzite doesn't show his emotions very well. While he's not a quiet guy, he does always have a sort of blank expression on his face, almost like he's waiting for something to happen. He sees his job as top priority over anything else, and will refuse to do anything else until he has all of his missions completed.
Kunzite was made shortly before the rebellion took place on Earth. He was created to assist with designing Homeworld outfits that were efficient yet represent the Gem's Diamond well. Though designing outfits for Gems has always been his top priority, he has designed outfits for other creatures as well, such as humans. He was transported to Earth during the rebellion to assist with new outfit designs for his Diamond. While on Earth however, he was found by a Crystal Gem and poofed, being left abandoned in a cave. He had previously remained in his gemstone for 1,000s of years, so he could return with the most fashionable outfit possible. He took on his new form, and began his attempt to contact Homeworld.
Kunzite possesses standard Era-1 Gem abilities, bubbling, shape-shifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability. He doesn't possess many abilities outside of this however, as his main purpose is to design outfits. He doesn't have many physical advantages over most Gems.
- Scissors: Kunzite's summoning weapon is a pair of small, hot pink scissors that assist him in creating outfits.
- Sewing Needles: The industrial piercings worn by Kunzite are actually sewing needle, which he is capable of ripping out of his ears with little effort.
- Kunzite was first discovered in Connecticut, USA. The first significant commercial deposit was discovered 1902 in the Pala region of San Diego, California, where morganite (pink beryl) was also discovered.
- The most important deposits of kunzite are from Minas Gerais, Brazil, but most of the current supply is from Afghanistan and Pakistan. Other sources include Madagascar, Myanmar and the USA.
- Kunzite is closely related to hiddenite, the yellow-green member of the spodumene gemstone family which was also discovered and named after an American mineralogist.
- Kunzite and the entire spodumene group are important industrial sources of lithium, which is used for the making of medicines, ceramics, mobile phones and automotive batteries.
- Kunzite is usually pale but it can sometimes be bright and quite intense. Kunzite colors range from light pink to saturated pink; lilac to lavender, and from light violet to pink-violet.
- Color is known to fade with prolonged exposure to strong light. Kunzite is strongly pleochroic, resulting in different color intensities (usually pink, clear and violet) depending on the angle it is viewed from.
|Kunzite' gemstone is located on the back of his neck. It resembles a rounded square, featuring a square-shaped facet.|
- Kunzite is a "revamp" of an old character on mine; Thulite.
- He designed the outfits for the humans in Pink Diamond's human zoo.