|Dark Violet Amethyst|
Dark Violet Amethyst is a Homeworld Gem and a follower of White Diamond.
Being a defective Gem, she has a somewhat chubbier build and is smaller compared to other Amethyst; standing at about 4'4". She has dark purple skin, navy blue eyes, a pointed nose, and plump lips. She has long, messy, faded purple hair that extends past her back.
Her outfit consist of an orchid and dark orchid colored top with a large White Diamond insignia in the middle, violet-blue pants, and goldenrod boots.
Dark Violet Amethyst is a very shy and insecure Gem. Due to the fact that she's a defective Gem, she's always been treated as lesser, which has led her to believing that she truly is less then. She has a strong desire to please the few friends she does have, as she feels they will eventually leave her otherwise if she doesn't.
Dark Violet Amethyst was made in the Beta Kindergarten on Earth. She is one of the many Gems there who came out misshapen, which has led to her being considered useless in most scenarios. She had always believed that there was no place for her in the world, as she didn't really have a use. This all changed however, when she was given a Pearl of her very own; Sea Salt Pearl. Sea Salt Pearl changed her life in many ways, as she was really the first Gem to ever even speak to her. They've been through a lot of missions together, and have even fused on multiple occasions. She considers Sea Salt Pearl to be god like, and wants nothing more but for her to be happy.
While most Gems would find the qualities of Sea Salt Pearl to be very annoying and immature, Dark Violet Amethyst actually enjoys everything about her. She considers Sea Salt Pearl the light of her life, and has dedicated her life to trying to please Sea Salt Pearl in anyway she possibly can. Despite this, Sea Salt Pearl seems to appreciate her less ans less as the years go on, which makes Dark Violet Amethyst put even more effort into making her happy.
Like all Era-1 Gems, Dark Violet Amethyst has the ability to invoke a weapon, change shape, strength and skill beyond human battle, and retreat to her gem after being wounded to heal. Although she is defective, she still possesses some Quartz-like qualities; such as her durability and spin dash attack.
- Boomerang Proficiency: Dark Violet Amethyst's summoning weapon is a boomerang, which she is exceptionally skilled at using.
- Audiokinesis: Dark Violet Amethyst can create, shape and manipulate sound. She can mimic, intensify, hush, and distort, as well warp, strengthen, echo, speed up, and slow down sound, using it as a powerful physical force and high-speed movement. In essence, sound is an invisible, deadly weapon and a versatile tool.
- Amethyst is the birthstone for those who are born in February or for the zodiacal sign of Pisces and Aquarius.
- Amethyst is the national gemstone of Uruguay.
- Amethyst is assigned to the planet Neptune.
- Amethyst belongs to the macrocrystalline branch of quartz and owes its violet/purple color to iron and aluminum impurities.
- Like other varieties of macrocrystalline quartz, amethyst has transparent to translucent clarity and a vitreous luster.
- Amethyst stones are often associated with the Greek/Roman god Dionysus/Bacchus, god of wine, intoxication, madness, and agriculture.
- Since amethyst was considered an antidote against drunkenness, many wine goblets were carved from amethyst stone. Still to this day, violet-purple amethyst is a symbol of sobriety.
- Amethyst owes its color to iron and aluminum impurities. The colors range from purple and violet to pale red-violet.
- Without such coloring agents, amethyst would simply be transparent, ordinary colorless quartz.
|Dark Violet Amethyst's gemstone is located on her chest, featuring a hexagonal facet. The front and back are symmetrical. It is a tetradecahedron, specifically a truncated hexagonal dipyramid. It's overall shape is circular.|
|Quartzes||Banded Amethyst • Blue Quartz • Cloudy Amethyst • Dark Violet Amethyst • Roselyn • Swirls • African Amethyst|
|Sapphires||Paddy • Violet Sapphire • Pink Sapphire|
|Rubies||Six • Headcanon|
|Diamonds||White Diamond • Yellow Diamond • Blue Diamond|
|Pearls||Black Pearl • Rose Pearl • Sea Salt Pearl • Purple Pearl|
|Topazes||Blue Topaz • Topaz (Apple Papel)|
|Fusions||Ayanite Fusion • Crimson Sapphire • Prehnite • Sky Blue Opal • Homeworld Rhodonite|
|Corals||Coral • Homeworld Coral|
|Bismuths||Confederate Bismuth • Pink Bismuth • Rainbow Bismuth|
|Ayanites||Ayanite • Emo Ayanite • Cat Ayanite|
|Kyanites||Kyanite • Kyara|
|Other||Apoteryx • Black Hiddenite • Blue Rainbow Moonstone • Blue Obsidian • Cacoxenite • Cat's Eye •|