|Dark Violet Amethyst|
Dark Violet Amethyst is a Homeworld Gem and a follower of White Diamond.
Being a defective gem, she has a somewhat chubbier build and is smaller compared to other Amethyst; standing at about 4'4". She has dark purple skin, navy blue eyes, a pointed nose, and plump lips. She has long, messy, faded purple hair that extends past her back. Her outfit consist of an orchid and dark orchid colored top with a large White Diamond insignia in the middle, violet-blue pants, and goldenrod boots.
Dark Violet Amethyst is incredibly self-centered. She believes that she deserves happiness and will do anything she can to get it. She has a somewhat negative outlook on the world, and believes that Homeworld is a very cruel place. She has a tendency of being nosy, as she is known for butting into other's personal lives. While she may come off as friendly, it is usually only to get something she wants out of somebody.
Dark Violet Amethyst was made in the Beta Kindergarten, and was one of the many gems there who was overcooked, which is why she is smaller than a normal quartz solider. She has spent most of her existence fused with Sea Salt Pearl, as Sky Blue Opal. Because of this, she does not have much of a past. She currently resides in White Diamond's district as a low-ranking solider.
Dark Violet Amethyst was one of Sea Salt Pearl's previous owners. One day, they ended up fusing, and realized that they love being fused. It took years for them to unfuse, and even then, they immediately refused afterwards. Although Dark Violet Amethyst is aware of Sea Salt Pearl's nature to use others for her devious ways, she doesn't seem to mind much. She believes that Sea Salt Pearl is her key to happiness, and the only way she can remain happy.
Like all Era-1 Gems, Dark Violet Amethyst has the ability to invoke a weapon, change shape, strength and skill beyond human battle, and retreat to her gem after being wounded to heal. Although she is defective, she still possesses some Quartz-like qualities; such as her durability and spin dash attack.
- Boomerang Proficiency: Dark Violet Amethyst's summoning weapon is a boomerang, which she is exceptionally skilled at using.
- Audiokinesis: Dark Violet Amethyst can create, shape and manipulate sound. She can mimic, intensify, hush, and distort, as well warp, strengthen, echo, speed up, and slow down sound, using it as a powerful physical force and high-speed movement. In essence, sound is an invisible, deadly weapon and a versatile tool.
- Amethyst is the birthstone for those who are born in February or for the zodiacal sign of Pisces and Aquarius.
- Amethyst is the national gemstone of Uruguay.
- Amethyst is assigned to the planet Neptune.
- Amethyst belongs to the macrocrystalline branch of quartz and owes its violet/purple color to iron and aluminum impurities.
- Like other varieties of macrocrystalline quartz, amethyst has transparent to translucent clarity and a vitreous luster.
- Amethyst stones are often associated with the Greek/Roman god Dionysus/Bacchus, god of wine, intoxication, madness, and agriculture.
- Since amethyst was considered an antidote against drunkenness, many wine goblets were carved from amethyst stone. Still to this day, violet-purple amethyst is a symbol of sobriety.
- Amethyst owes its color to iron and aluminum impurities. The colors range from purple and violet to pale red-violet.
- Without such coloring agents, amethyst would simply be transparent, ordinary colorless quartz.
|Dark Violet Amethyst's gemstone is located on her chest, featuring a hexagonal facet. The front and back are symmetrical. It is a tetradecahedron, specifically a truncated hexagonal dipyramid. It's overall shape is circular.|
|Quartzes||Banded Amethyst • Blue Quartz • Cloudy Amethyst • Dark Violet Amethyst • Exotica Jasper • Roselyn • Swirls|
|Sapphires||Eyeball • Paddy • Red Sapphire • Violet Sapphire|
|Rubies||Blue Ruby • Six|
|Diamonds||White Diamond • Yellow Diamond • Blue Diamond • Sweet Josephine Diamond|
|Pearls||Rosaline Pearl • Roselyn's Pearl • Saltwater Pearl • Sea Salt Pearl|
|Topazes||Blue Topaz • Topaz (Apple Papel)|
|Fusions||Ayanite Fusion • Crimson Sapphire • Prehnite • Sky Blue Opal • Star Sapphire|
|Corals||Coral • Homeworld Coral|
|Bismuths||Confederate Bismuth • Pink Bismuth • Rainbow Bismuth|
|Ayanites||Ayanite • Emo Ayanite|
|Kyanites||Kyanite • Kyara|
|Other||Arkunmarine • Apoteryx • Black Hiddenite • Blood Stone • Blue Rainbow Moonstone • Blue Obsidian • Cacoxenite • Cat's Eye • Chalcedony • Chrysoprase • Cinnabar • Gold • Moissanite • Speckles • Sphene • Tanzanite (Norman) • Platinum • Tanzanite (Wolf) • Thulite • Xenotime|